Networking opportunities through charities and institutions | Potential Networking opportunities
Networking opportunities through charities and institutions
Stem Disability advisory committee (STEM DAC)
- Provide support across science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine for disabled workers, current and aspiring disabled students and their teachers. They aim to create a culture where all engineers thrive.
- Run meetings with the royal academy of engineering
Royal academy of engineering
- Inclusion in engineering https://www.raeng.org.uk/inclusivecultures
- The report focuses on the extent to which engineers feel included on grounds of gender, ethnicity, age and company size.
- link to report: https://www.raeng.org.uk/publications/reports/creating-cultures-where-all-engineers-thrive
- Summary of the findings of the Royal Academy of Engineering’s report on developing inclusive cultures in the engineering profession
- https://www.youtube.com/embed/C1vskzOpR9s?controls=0&modestbranding=1&rel=0&showinfo=0&loop=0&fs=0&hl=en&enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fnorthernpowerinclusion.com&widgetid=1Play Video
- Run conferences to challenge companies to delivery equality on all fronts. Focuses on the theme of diversity and inclusion in engineering workplaces.
Association for women in science and engineering
- A voluntary regional network connecting and inspiring women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine. Schedule workshops and committee meetings.
- Host regular talks, workshops, networking opportunities and have an active online community sharing information through posts on the website, linked in, Facebook and Instagram.
The IET Womens network: The institution of engineering and technology
- Online global professional networking community for women in STEM.
- Allows individuals to interact, share information, knowledge and business contacts in addition to signing up to some of the latest volunteering opportunities.
- Once signed up, you will be part of the community and receive up to date information over email or WhatsApp.
Potential Networking opportunities
TARGET Jobs: Future female engineers
- Future female engineer events / networking events, Get to ask key questions.
- Key insights into companies / recruitment events and the culture of their organisations.
- Follow up on all contacts made through the registration process
- Loads of guides connected to this website
Neurodiversity friendly graduate employers and how to find them
- Work place adjustments and identification of employers that treat neurodivergence positively
Disability confident campaign
- The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like you to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Graduate job hunting and neurodiversity: Questions of disclosure and adjustments
- Great confidence building read for non-neurotypical employees.
STEM: The engagement of more girls in STEM
Today, while more common, women are still outnumbered 3 to 1 by their male counterparts. Based on scientific research, this video identifies 5 actions that will help more girls engage in STEM. EPI is implementing these initiatives into its daily work as part of its #STEM4Good campaign.