Am I eligible to participate?
Are you a researcher in an EPS discipline:
- Core disciplines: Chemistry, Computer Sciences/Computing, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics
- We will also consider applications from: Biological Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Geology and Environmental Sciences, and Molecular and Cellular Biology
Are you based in a university listed below:
- The core universities, which deliver the activities in the project, are: Durham University, University of Leeds, Northumbria University, Newcastle University
- Other partner universities, which are involved in the activities in the project, are: Lancaster University, Leeds Beckett University, Teesside University, University of Huddersfield, University of Hull.
Do you belong to one of the categories below:
|Early Career Researcher||From the first full-time, or significant part-time role as a working scientist (fixed term or permanent, research and/or teaching, potentially including self-supported through some form of personal fellowship or similar), to within the equivalent of the first 5 years or so in a full-time non fixed-term position, or a fixed externally-funded position with a guarantee, or expectation of transfer to a permanent role at the end of the funding period.|
|Established Career Researcher||An individual having appropriate experience and having attained an appropriately senior position. Within HE this might include staff at professorial, associate professor, reader, senior lecturer, principal research or teaching fellow role or equivalent although other role holders might be agreed following discussion.|
|Senior Academic Leader||Well-established in their academic career, in a leadership role with the ability to shape policy, deliver outcomes and influence cultural change within their organisation|
*Even if you are an established academic but have yet to achieve promotion then registering and accessing the project resources could be for you.
What do I do if I am interested?
- If you would like to get involved in the project then first make sure you have read our activity pages and participant information sheets.
- You will need to register for the activities you would like to take part in by clicking on REGISTER.
- You will then be redirected to our registration survey. This survey will help us find out more about you so we can match you to your preferences. It will also be used by our evaluation team as baseline data. We respect your right to privacy and understand the information you are supplying is personal.
What happens after I register?
Your registration information will be reviewed by the Participant Allocation Panel who meet regularly to review and allocate participants to activities. This process may take a while (a matter of weeks or a couple of months) depending on when you register and when the Participant Allocation Panel sits. The Panel will review anonymised Registration information only, and not the Baseline Questionnaire responses. Sometimes it may be necessary to defer review of some applications to the next Allocation Meeting date. If this is the case we will contact you by email to advise you of this.
Please do be patient while you wait to hear back from us.
Because some activities have a limited number of places on offer, in some cases it may not be possible to allocated you to your preferred activity. Instead, you may be offered a place on an alternative activity. You do not have to accept any activity you do not wish to participate in.
When will I start?
Starting dates for each of the activities vary, details can be found on the Participant Information Sheets. Some are fixed events and some activities will be dependent upon a suitable match being made (e.g. Mentoring, Industry Workplace Shadowing).
What happens if I am offered a place on an activity, but a suitable match is not found?
If its not possible to find you a suitable match in an activity, you will be referred back to the Allocation Panel to see if it is possible to offer you an alternative activity. Timescales for re-referral vary from one activity to another – you will be advised of timescales when you receive confirmation of your place on the Activity.