Recruitment of Early Career Participants has now closed for this activity. There are still some things you can sign up for, please take a look at the other activities listed on this site to see what’s still available.
We are still recruiting Senior Leader participants, if you’re interested in taking part please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering, a cross-institutional reciprocal mentoring scheme for participants from under-represented groups in EPS disciplines across all career stages. For example, this could include matching an Early Career Researcher with a Head of Department in a partner University. We hope this will be a mutual learning experience where both mentors can discuss their experiences, share knowledge and best practice. Senior staff can provide career advice and learn more about the difficulties some under-represented groups face.
Before taking part, please ensure you have read our participant information sheets, by following the links below, and the IM Privacy notice Stage 1 Registration and baseline evaluation survey.
See Eligibility and Process for further detail.
What are the benefits of being involved for an Early Career Researcher?
- Career development
- Research advice
- Shadowing opportunities
- Exposure to decision makers and decision making
- Increased understanding of leadership roles and career progression
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Impacting cultural change within the University and beyond
What are the benefits of being involved for a senior leader?
- Personal development
- Opportunities to learn about the challenges and barriers early career researchers from under-represented groups encounter
- Potential to use this learning to effect change within the organisation
- Supporting the progression of under-represented groups
- Ability to share excellence and good practice